Bergström Wines is committed to the production of world class, handcrafted wines, and your complete satisfaction is our goal. We recognize our experience does not simply end at the winery door; therefore, we do everything we can to ensure that those who choose to ship their wine have a smooth and stress-free shipping experience.
- Ship dates may be adjusted to accommodate warehouse processing times, inventory transfers, and national weather conditions. Any delays will be communicated to you as soon as possible.
- We ship orders throughout the standard work week and prefer to ship on a Friday or Monday, depending on the destination.
- Our warehouse is closed on weekends. Orders received with a weekend ship date will ship the next business day at the earliest.
- Specific ship dates can be accommodated and should be selected during checkout. Same-day shipping is not available.
- All pertinent tracking information will be relayed to the email associated with the shipping address as soon as the shipping label is scanned by the carrier at pick up.
- We utilize an array of resources when determining shipping schedules. Click here for the forecasting map that is central to our planning.
We have limited ability to communicate specific requests to the carriers and delivery drivers. Once your wine is turned over to their possession, it is subject to the carrier’s shipping and delivery practices.
Shipment Correction Fee Policies (Per Order)
You may be subject to fees for address changes, delivery date changes, and return/reshipping fees, if your order is returned to our warehouse.
Changes to your shipping address, shipping date, or shipping method may not be possible after ordering. Please reach out to us immediately if you have any updates. Note that changes are subject to the following fee schedule:
- Hold for pickup at UPS/FedEx Store or Customer Service Center: Complimentary
- Address changes (locations within destination state) after order is packed or in-transit: $35
- Reship of Returned Order to original or revised address: $50
- Future delivery request, up to 2 weeks: $35
Wine is a perishable good and its integrity may be affected by exposure to warm or cold temperatures during transit. We do our best to monitor the weather along our entire shipping network. It is important that when determining our shipping schedules, we factor the weather along the entire route from origin to destination. Therefore, it is possible that orders will be placed on a weather hold if the weather conditions are not conducive to shipping wine. Any affected parties will be notified of this change and presented with alternative shipping options.
If you request to ship wine when it is too hot/cold and have been informed of the dangers of shipping by our team, your order will ship on a “weather release”. This means that if any harm comes to the order, Bergström Wines is released of all liability. We want your wine to arrive in perfect condition, so let’s work together to ensure the best shipping outcome possible.
Please inspect all packages as soon as they are received. In the unlikely case that you receive a bottle broken during transit or delivery, please contact us at or 503-554-0463 within 48 hours of receipt of your order(s), so that we can initiate a claim with the shipping company. Please keep the packaging and its contents exactly as you found them, if possible, and send a photo of your orders(s) to the email address above with evidence of the damage. Depending on the nature of the damage, we may arrange to have the wine picked up from the delivery location. Damaged packages cannot be processed more than 10 days post-delivery.
If the damaged package cannot be retrieved, we cannot receive compensation from the carrier for the loss.
If our carriers note damage has occurred to your package(s), they are instructed to halt transit of your wine and either discard the box and contents or return it to our warehouse immediately. Affected recipients in this situation will be notified as soon as possible regarding damaged shipments.
All Bergström wines are stored in a temperature-controlled environment and are in excellent condition upon leaving our fulfillment center. Any return claim due to a defect in the product will be addressed on a case-by-case basis. A replacement of the same bottling, bottle of comparable vintage, or bottle of similar price point may be offered. In this instance, please keep the bottle, its unused contents, and the cork and we may arrange for the bottle to be returned to Bergström Wines. Wine should not be returned without prior approval from Bergström Wines.
Adult Signature Required for Purchase and Receipt
Wine may be sold and delivered only to persons who are at least 21 years old. The person ordering and receiving the delivery must be at least 21 and may be required to sign for the wine and show evidence of age.
Please contact or 503-554-0463. If you have concerns regarding a specific order, be sure to include customer name and address, date of purchase, product name and vintage, and reason for concern.